Tuesday, November 19, 2013

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY...

Hello!  Lots of schoolwork these days.  Spanish quizzes every other day, Physics tests, projects, oh my!  So posts are sporadic.  But I did review three resources that can help with figuring out what to read next.  Horn Book Magazine, School Library Journal, and VOYA are all mighty fine resources.  It can be pretty pricey to subscribe to them so the really cool thing is -- they have some great on-line resources.  All three have a Facebook presence and you can also sign up to receive e-mails from them.  That way you will be alerted to what is new and exciting on their websites.  

I subscribe to Horn Book (thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law and brother) and it's my favorite.  SLJ is good also - but I think I like the website (and blogs) more than the actual magazine for this point in my "career".  I have not looked at VOYA in a long time so was pleasantly surprised to find it in e-journal format on-line.  For free.  It was the October issue but it was packed with reviews, articles, and programming ideas.  

So - if you have some spare time and want to see what's happening in the world of lit for kids and young adults, check out The Horn BookSchool Library Journal; or VOYA.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment