Monday, March 8, 2021

 SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

 
Or at least -- it is trying to be spring.  
It is spring enough that I have started my gardening -- both indoors and out.  
I planted lettuce and spinach; peas, parsley, and basil.  
But today? Today I want to plant a pumpkin seed after reading 
Let it Grow by Mary Ann Fraser; illustrated by Riley Samels 

Let It Grow by Mary Ann Fraser 
 
This is not your every day pumpkin book, friends. 
It takes twists and turns that I promise you will not anticipate!  
First, it gives sound advice on planting that pumpkin seed. 
And when it sprouts, do you eat the leaves in a salad? 
"Oh no! I'll let it grow!" and grow and grow. 
The book walks you through all the stages of pumpkin growth in a fun way. 
And you just know -- it's going to be carved into a pumpkin! 
Nope.  
Hmmm. So what will our young pumpkin grower do with his pumpkin?  
You simply must read the story to find out! 
And then I promise -- you will want to plant a pumpkin!  
Be sure to read the notes at the end of the book 
and also the amazing pumpkin facts!  
Did you know that a pumpkin can gain twenty to forty pounds a day?! 
I'm glad I'm not a pumpkin!
Thank you to Net Galley and the publisher Capstone for a preview copy of this book.
It will be published August 1, 2021.

#LetItGrow #NetGalley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment