Thursday, October 21, 2021

 HAPPY INTERNATIONAL NACHO DAY!

I must confess - I had no idea that today was International Nacho Day when I read this book! It was a serendipitous coincidence. I love nachos! Some of my favorite nachos are from Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth, Texas. I think they are pretty close to Nacho's Special. But there are so many versions of nachos available today - feel free to celebrate with your own favorite creation.

 Nacho's Nachos: The Story Behind the World's Favorite Snack

But while you are nibbling - did you know that nachos are named after the man that invented them? - a man named Nacho! In fact, Ignacio (Nacho) Anaya created the tasty snack one afternoon for a favorite customer at the restaurant where he worked. While the book is focused on the creation of nachos, it also highlights Nacho's positive attitude, creativity, and love of food! There is some biographical information but the focus is on the creation of nachos.

I liked that the author added a note at the end of the book that details how there are many versions of the Nacho origin story but that she had done research and conducted interviews that led her to believe that she had found the truest version of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment