Saturday, May 16, 2015

I finished "The Island of Dr. Libris"!

This is the review I posted on Goodreads -- "This would make a great summer read - especially for kids like Billy and Walter (the main characters in the book). And it's relatively short and it might encourage some readers to try "Time Machine" or "Robin Hood" or even "Pollyanna". I liked "Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library" a wee bit better but I did like this; it would also make a great read-aloud!"

Added here -- it all wraps up a bit abruptly.  I'm not sure if there will be a sequel or not - possibly.  There is a long list of the books that he incorporates into his story at the back of the book and this could serve as a jumping off point for further reading.  My favorite fairy tale - Three Billy Goats Gruff - is included so that was pretty awesome.  If you have a mid-to-upper elementary/tween that really enjoys reading - give them this.  It also deals with some real world issues like bullying and problems with parents and asthma. 

So what is next on the stack?  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  Whoa.  Has anyone else read this?  I'm about 100 pages in and hooked.  Had to make myself put it down or I would have stayed up all night reading.


Ready Player One

No comments:

Post a Comment