Saturday, January 19, 2013



AVAST YE MATEYS!

and pass the vinegar and baking soda!  Today's movie adventure was "The Pirates:  Band of Misfits", also nominated for an Academy Award for Animated Feature. Pirates.  Charles Darwin.  And Queen Victoria as the bad guy - er - girl - er - monarch?   It was cute.  But I don't think it's Oscar material.  Though the vinegar and baking soda is pretty impressive.  

Yesterday's movie was "Mirror, Mirror" which is nominated for Best Costume Design.  I can't imagine it would be nominated for anything else.  I am not sure if it was poorly edited or just a bad script to start with - it had interesting bits.  I liked the mirror effect; I enjoyed the dwarfs, I liked Sean Bean as the King.  Small side notes I am glad I saw it because Armie Hammer, who played the Prince, is going to be the Lone Ranger.  And Lily Collins, who played Snow White, is going to be Clary Fray in City of Bones.  Now that should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment