Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Eighth day of January

And another book is finished! I actually finished at 1:00 AM this morning
 so that counts for today, yes? 
The book added to my "Read" shelf is Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Geir.
This was book the second in the Ruby Red Trilogy. The book further develops the relationship between Gwyneth (Gwen) and Gideon, a fellow time travel gene carrier who is two years older than Gwyneth. We learn a bit more about the secrets behind the historical time travel society - The Guild. But the obvious answers are still not revealed to Gwen. As an adult reading the books, I find them somewhat predictable and a bit heavy on the "now he loves me, now he doesn't" view of life. But I do look forward to seeing how the mystery is resolved, how the secrets will be revealed and how Gwyneth will respond when they are. Recommended for tweens and YAs who enjoy a good love story, mystery, time travel and precocious gargoyles.

gargoyles_DSC0805.jpg


I also watched a movie today - "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". This was one that I had wanted to see for quite some time but decided to wait until I could borrow it from the library. With a cast of Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Billy Nighy, Penelope Wilton - well, it would be sort of like Downton in India..... It was an enjoyable film. Nothing earth shattering - but a fun movie. I am still a bit perplexed that a rather rundown hotel in India - where the phones did not work well - had WiFi available for Dame Judith to keep up with her blog. But there you have it - India is a country full of surprises. And I have firmly assured my DH that I have absolutely no desire to go there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment