Wednesday, January 16, 2013

HEARTWARMING AND OFFBEAT

Yes - I think that sums up Frankenweenie fairly well.  And a bit of subtle humor; one review said, "Hilarious" but - I don't really think it was hilarious. Fun, yes - and it did spin quite a bit of  humor on old black and white horror movies.  I am attempting to watch the films nominated for Best Animated Feature Film before the Oscars.  I saw Paranorman and Brave in the theater and today I watched Frankenweenie.  If you are a fan of Tim Burton, you have probably already seen it.  If not - borrow it from your local library.  It is not one I would want to own but that's me.  I would love to see Paranorman win but I am guessing Brave will get the nod.  Unless the academy decides to let Mr. Burton have the Oscar...  Time will tell!  The Pirates: Band of Misfits is the next one we will watch.  I don't think Wreck-It Ralph will be available on DVD before the Oscars.  

Frankenweenie

No comments:

Post a Comment